CAD – 2D CORRESPONDENCE
The 2D – CAD Correspondence course will enable students to create a basic 2D drawing. Even at this fundamental level, 4MCAD and AutoCAD are two of the most sophisticated computer applications that you are likely to encounter. Part 1 covers the indispensable core topics for working with 4MCAD and AutoCAD. The teaching strategy is to start with a few basic tools that allow the student to create and edit a simple drawing. Part 2 continues with more sophisticated techniques that extend your mastery of the program.
Course Duration: 6 Months
- A working knowledge of basic design/draughting procedures and terminology.
- A working knowledge of Windows/computers.
The main topics covered in this course include:
- Understanding the 4MCAD/AutoCAD workspace and user interface
- Using basic drawing, objects and layers
- Organising drawing objects on layers
- Inserting reusable symbols (blocks)
- Preparing a layout to be plotted
- Adding text, hatching and dimensions
- Using more advanced editing and construction techniques
- Creating local and global blocks
- Setting up layers, styles and templates
2D Correspondence includes:
- 4MCAD & AutoCAD Text books
- 4MCAD & AutoCAD Workbooks
- 4MCAD & AutoCAD Study schedule
- Interactive training Videos (DVD)
- Academic software (DVD)
Introduction and Installation
- 4MCAD/AutoCAD introduction.
The User Interface
- Menus and shortcut menus.
- The command window.
- Dynamic input.
- Customize the drawing environment.
- Tool palettes.
Create and Save a Drawing
- Create a new drawing.
- Open an existing drawing.
- Save a drawing.
- Error report.
Control the Drawing Views
- Redrawing and regenerating.
- Magnify a view.
- Pan a view.
- Use aerial view.
- Display multiple views.
- Save and restore views.
Precision Tools and the Properties of Drawing
- Specify units, angles and scale.
- Drawing limits.
- Grid and grid snap.
- Use object snap.
- Use polar tracking and object snap tracking.
- Use ortho-mode.
- Work with line types.
- Work with layers.
- Work with colours.
- Control line weights.
- Calculate area, angle and distances.
Coordinates and Coordinates System
- 2D Co-ordinates.
- Control user coordinate system.
- Draw linear objects.
- Draw curved objects.
- Select objects.
- Modify objects.
- Modify compound objects.
- Use grips to edit objects.
- Modifying the properties of entities.
Notes and Labels
- Create text.
- Change text.
- Work with text styles.
- Check spelling.
Dimensions and Tolerances
- Overview of dimensioning.
- Use dimension styles.
- Create dimensions.
- Modify existing dimensions.
Blocks and Attributes
- Create and insert blocks.
- Define and use block attributes
Hatches and Realistic Images
- Work with raster images.
Layout, Plot and Publish Drawings
- Create multiple view drawing layouts.
- Plot drawings.
Share Data between Drawings and Applications
- Saving and viewing snapshots.
- Link and embed data.
- Work with data in other formats.