CAD 1: ARCHITECTURAL DRAUGHTING – NATIONAL CERTIFICATE
The Architectural CAD Draughting qualification will teach the student to operate various CAD software applications and focuses on architectural draughting (drawing of building plans). It will skill the learner to draught via 2D and 3D CAD software, the technical drawings of building structures and the complete presentation and construction drawings for submission to the local municipality.
The job of an Architectural Draughtsperson is to prepare detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by the architect, client and other project team members. Draughting is an exciting and important career. In the past, draughting was performed by hand on a drawing board, but today, computers and software make life much easier for everyone.
Duration: I Year
Job opportunities: Architectural Draughtsman, CAD 2D Designer, CAD 3D Designer, CAD Operator, General Draughtsman.
Career advancement: CAD 2 (Multi-Disciplinary Draughting NC) / Architectural Technology / Construction Technology / Project Management
- National Senior Certificate (Grade 12) – Matric
- NQF Level 3 Qualification
- Mathematics literacy (Grade 12)
- Communication / English (Grade 12)
- Registration application form & a discretionary assessment at CAD4ALL
- Architectural Draughting ( Drawing house plans )
- Free hand sketching
- Measuring instruments in Draughting
- Drawing Office Practice
- CAD 2D Intermediate
- CAD 3D Intermediate
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Surveying within Architecture
- Revit Architecture Introduction
- 4M Idea Architecture simulation design introduction
- Scale Model building introduction
- Fundamental learning in Communication/English subjects
- Literary Communication
- Draughting Applied Mathematics
- AutoCAD – 2D & 3D
- Autodesk User Revit Architecture 2013
CAD 2: MULTI-DISCIPLINARY DRAUGHTING – NATIONAL CERTIFICATE
This Qualification is designed to teach learners advanced CAD on the latest 2D, 3D and BIM draughting software. The qualification covers all the different disciplines of draughting such as mechanical, electrical, structural, piping, HVAC, civil and concrete draughting, making the qualified student a highly sought after draughting expert. There are more career opportunities in all these various draughting industries and not only an architectural office .
CAD4ALL’s Multi-Disciplinary Draughting Qualification is the best and most popular qualification for matriculants interested in the industry of design and technical drawings. As the world moves forward into a globally competitive market, trends, designs and developments are changing daily. Draughting, designers, manufacturers and shop fitters are now using AutoCAD, 4M CAD, 4M Idea Architecture, Revit and Inventor; making multi-skilled Computer Aided Drawing (CAD) experts highly in demand.
Duration: I year
- Architecture / Building Design / Mining Engineering / Mechanical Engineering / Surveying / Planning / 3D Modeling / Property Surveying / Naval Architectural & Ship Building / Electrical Design / Interior & Special Design / Landscaping / Automotive Engineering Design / Structural Detailing / Reinforced Concrete Detailing / Piping & Plant Design / Set Building / Constriction / Civil Design / Instrumentation Design / 3D Printing / 3D Modelling / Engineering Design / HVAC Design / Furniture Design / Aeronautics.
CAD 1 – CAD4ALL First year Qualification (Architectural Draughting)
Architectural Technology / Construction Technology / Project Management / Interior Design
- Project Management introduction.
- Draughting : Structural Steel
- Draughting : Reinforced structural Concrete
- Draughting : Piping
- Draughting : HVAC
- Draughting : Mechanical
- Advanced Inventor
- 3D Printing
- Introduction to Civil Draughting
- Entrepreneurship 101
- 2D CAD Advanced AutoCAD
- 3D CAD Advanced AutoCAD
- 2D/3D Advanced 4M CAD
- 4M IDEA Advanced BIM
- 4M MEP Application suite
- Advanced Revit Architecture
- Autodesk User AutoCAD – 2D & 3D
- Autodesk User Revit Architecture 2013
- Autodesk User Inventor
- 4M CAD Certification / 4M IDEA BIM Certification / MEP Suite